Pre-Filing Bankruptcy Credit Counseling - User AgreementOur Pre-Petition Bankruptcy Counseling Program is not currently approved in the Alabama, Illinois, Massachusetts, North Carolina and Oregon.
- $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. is funded by client payment for Credit Counselor interaction.
- The pre-bankruptcy counseling fee is $19.95 for individuals or joint filers, we do not charge a separate or additional fee for the generation of the certificate.
- Fees can be paid online with a credit/debit card, or by mailing a cashier’s check or money order.
- $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. will waive the Certificate of Completion fee when a client demonstrates a lack of ability to pay the fee. A client presumptively lacks the ability to pay the fee if the client's household current income is less than 150 percent of the poverty guidelines updated periodically in the Federal Register by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under the authority of 42 U.S.C. 9902(2), as adjusted from time to time, for a household or family of the size involved in the fee determination. Preliminary qualification for a fee waiver is performed using the payment/fee waiver page following online registration by a potential client. After entering their gross household income and number of people in the household, the debtor(s) are advised on this page as to whether or not they meet the fee waiver income guidelines. If they meet the guidelines, we request that the debtor(s) email us income supporting documentation prior to us issuing the fee waiver. Our email address is . All requests will be answered within one business day.
- $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. does not receive or pay fees or other consideration for the referral of clients.
- The potential impacts on credit reports: $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. will not provide any information provided by their clients or regarding this course to a credit reporting agency. Our courses will provide information about various financial options. A client's personal choice to pursue one of these options, including filing bankruptcy or utilizing a debt management program may have an impact on their credit report.
- $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. business hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm MST, Monday through Friday with the exception of national holidays.
- $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. staff is prohibited from offering legal advice.
- $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. will issue a certificate of completion only if client completes all the necessary steps of the pre-bankruptcy counseling, including online course and online interaction with Credit Counselor. We will send a copy of the certificate to you (the client), by email within one business day of pre-bankruptcy counseling completion. This will be sent to the primary email address on file. If attorney information is provided by a client, the attorney will receive a notification that a certificate has been issued.
- $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. has obligation to provide a certificate to the client promptly upon the completion of counseling services
- $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. offers pre-bankruptcy counseling in English. Clients who cannot understand written and spoken English are directed back to the approved list of providers to locate a suitable pre-bankruptcy counseling service provider in the language of their choice. In this case, we will refund any fees paid by the client, if applicable.
- $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. does not offer Debt Management Plans. We will refer the client back to the approved list, for the client to find an approved provider of their choice that offers Debt Management Plans. Clients may incur additional fees in connection with using another provider.
- $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. is approved to issue certificates in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of an Agency’s services. The U.S. Trustee has reviewed only the agency’s credit counseling and debtor education services. They have neither reviewed nor approved any other services the agency provides.
- Client information is not shared with any 3rd party except the Department of Justice/United States Trustees only if required/requested by them. Our agency might disclose client information to the United States Trustee in connection with the United States Trustee's oversight of the agency, or during the investigation of complaints, during on-site visits, or during quality of service reviews.
- Our supervising counselors have a minimum of 10 years of lending and/or credit-related experience. Additionally, they are certified by a third party as a credit counselor. All Certified Credit Counselors are required to keep a current and up to date Credit Counselor certification at all times.
- $$$$$Simple Class, Inc. dba SimpleClass.net is a non-profit agency.
- Identity verification: In order to verify the identity of each client who is taking the class, each client will be asked to provide the last four of their social security number, date of birth & personal information prior to registering and taking the class.
- Access codes: Upon completion of this online registration, each client will be emailed a unique "Access Code". The email will be sent to the primary email address on file. You will be asked to enter it to verify your identity at the commencement of online course.
By clicking the "Agree & Continue", you agree to the terms and conditions of the user agreement.
Agree & Continue